You are here
Home > FAQ

Report Your Claim

Contact your insurance company and report your damage. Once you have reported your damage, a claim representative will provide you with a claim number.

Move Your Car to the Repair Facility – Back2Exact Location Map

You have the right to select the facility that will repair your vehicle.

  • Protect your vehicle from further damage.
  • Call the police. Be prepared to provide specific vehicle damage, names and license numbers, vehicle descriptions, and witnesses for the police report.
  • If your car is drivable, you can choose Lakes Painting & Auto Body to repair your vehicle.
  • If your car is NOT drivable (broken glass, lamps, and mirrors, rubbing tires, and disturbing noises constitute a non-drivable vehicle), call Lakes Painting & Auto Body (218-829-0141) for a tow.
  • Tell us where your vehicle is located. We will arrange for a tow for you.
  • If you car is towed to an impound lot, Lakes Painting & Auto Body can arrange to have the vehicle towed from the lot. You must contact the Impound Lot, authorize release to Lakes Painting & Auto Body.
  • Lakes Painting & Auto Body will provide a detailed estimate of the damage and cost of repairs, take photos, and complete the repairs.
  • Lakes Painting & Auto Body will work with you insurance company.

Claims Against You

  • Should any party allege that the accident was your fault, contact your insurance agent or claim representative immediately. Your insurance company will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations.


This website contains only a general description of the accident process. Contact your insurance representative with specific questions.